Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Iain Lopata <il...@hotmail.com> on 2015/01/29 23:20:07 UTC

InvertLinks Performance Nutch 1.6

I am running the invertlinks step in my Nutch 1.6 based crawl process on a
single node.  I run invertlinks only because I need the Inlinks in the
indexer step so as to store them with the document.  I do not need the
anchor text and I am not scoring.  I am finding that invertlinks (and more
specifically the merge of the linkdb) takes a long time - about 30 minutes
for a crawl of around 150K documents.  I am looking for ways that I might
shorten this processing time.  Any suggestions?

I actually only need the Inlinks for a subset of my documents, which could
be identified either by a URL regex pattern match or by MIME type.  This
would be a case where a scoped filter for the invertlinks step might be
helpful, but I understand that scoping is only available for normalizers.

Thanks

Re: InvertLinks Performance Nutch 1.6

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
WOW friggin awesome

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Chief Architect
Office: 168-519, Mailstop: 168-527
Email: chris.a.mattmann@nasa.gov
WWW:  http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Yeah, impressive.

The defaults are not really optimal
for production crawls where it's unlikely
that URL filter / normalization rules get
changed somewhere in between the steps
of a running crawl.

Ideally, URL should be filtered / normalized
only if new URLs are added to CrawlDb:
- seeds
- outlinks
- redirects
But there may be other opinions with better
arguments? Are there any?

Regarding the outlinks I'm not sure whether
it's better to do normalization and filtering
during the parse job or when updating CrawlDb.

Feel free to continue the discussion or open
a Jira to improve the default configuration.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Posted by Iain Lopata <il...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Iain Lopata <il...@hotmail.com>.