Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by 徐岷峰 <mi...@tendcloud.com> on 2019/03/25 03:44:02 UTC

missing Schema.contentsHaveChangedSince in v1.18

Hello guys,

I have a question about how to trigger calcite reload schema definition when backend storage schema changed.

According the document "JSON/YAML models",
"However, it also leads to the problem of cache staleness. A particular schema implementation can override the Schema.contentsHaveChangedSince method to tell Calcite when it should consider its cache to be out of date."

But I can't find the method in calcite v1.18, how can I implement the function?

Regards

Min Feng Xu

TalkingData.com

Re: missing Schema.contentsHaveChangedSince in v1.18

Posted by Yuzhao Chen <yu...@gmail.com>.
I only found a method about cacheing in SchemaPlus [1], but the Schema.contentsHaveChangedSince only appears in the doc, i look up the commits and it seems that this method is gone from very old version [2], maybe Julian can answer your question.

[1] https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/a648f9c12309cc253628930b0cab98591caa66ab/core/src/main/java/org/apache/calcite/schema/SchemaPlus.java#L85
[2] https://github.com/julianhyde/optiq/issues/175

Best,
Danny Chan