Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Daniel Chen <dc...@linkedin.com> on 2019/03/07 05:52:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] Samza 1.1.0 release

Hello everyone,

We have added couple of major features to master since 1.0.0 that warrants
a major release.

Within LinkedIn, some of these features have already been tested as part of
our test suites. We plan to continue our testing in coming weeks to
validate the stability prior to release.

Here is the highlighted list of features that are part of the new release (in chronological order)
SAMZA-1981
Consolidate table descriptors to samza-api
SAMZA-1985
Implement Startpoints model and StartpointManager
SAMZA-1998
Table API refactoring
SAMZA-2012
Add API for wiring an external context through to application processing code
SAMZA-2041
Add system descriptors for HDFS and Kinesis
SAMZA-2043
Consolidate ReadableTable and ReadWriteTable
SAMZA-2106
Samza App & Job Config Refactor
SAMZA-2081
Samza SQL : Type system for Samza SQL

You can find a complete list of features here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SAMZA%20AND%20resolution%20%20%3D%20Fixed%20%20AND%20(fixVersion%20%3E%3D%201.1%20)%20ORDER%20BY%20createdDate%20%20DESC

Here is my proposal on our release schedule and timelines.

   1. Cut a release version 1.1.0 from master
   2. Target a release vote on the week March 13th (next week)

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Daniel