Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/28 12:03:59 UTC

hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5

Hi,

Is anyone running hbase 0.94.4 against hadoop 0.23.5 ? If yes, how did you
end up compiling hbase for hadoop 0.23 ?

I downloaded the hbase release and tried running "mvn clean package
-Dhadoop.profile=23" but I keep on getting a compilation error as follows:

[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.5.1:compile (default-compile) @ hbase ---
[INFO] Compiling 738 source files to
/home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/target/classes
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
/home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[41,53]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : class KerberosUtil
location: package org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util
[ERROR]
/home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/Bytes.java:[45,15]
sun.misc.Unsafe is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future
release
[ERROR]
/home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/Bytes.java:[1029,19]
sun.misc.Unsafe is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future
release
[ERROR]
/home/viral/dev/downloads/hbase-0.94.4/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[242,32]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable KerberosUtil
location: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.JaasConfiguration

Tried with both the security release and the one without but no luck.

Any pointers ?

Thanks,
Viral

Re: hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Just closing the loop here, it might help someone else to hand patch their
> build process before I get the patches in the hadoop branch, no changes
> required for hbase.
>
> I backported the latest version of KerberosUtil from hadoop 2.0 branch and
> recompiled hadoop-common/hadoop-auth and then installed the jar out to my
> local maven repository. Ran the command "mvn clean package
> -Dhadoop.profile=23" and I was able to build hbase against hadoop 0.23. Now
> starts the more painful part of making sure everything works during runtime
> :-)

Thanks for digging in Viral.

> Stack, I noticed that in all profiles except 0.23 there is hadoop-core or
> hadoop-common includes, while in 0.23 there is only hadoop-client as a
> dependency and there is no mention for hadoop-common or hadoop-auth
> anywhere, do they get pulled in due to other dependencies ? Just trying to
> understand the whole build process for hbase.

IIRC, the 0.23 profile was made a while back and few use it so it may have
rotted.  I wouldn't presume too much about what is and what is not
included.  Feel free to mod it as you see fit.

Good on you Vira,
St.Ack

Re: hbase 0.94.4 with hadoop 0.23.5

Posted by Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I tried compiling tip of 0.94 with (and without) -Psecurity.
In both cases I got:

[ERROR]
/Users/tyu/94-hbase/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/zookeeper/ZKUtil.java:[41,53]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol  : class KerberosUtil
[ERROR] location: package org.apache.hadoop.security.authentication.util

Posted by Vandana Ayyalasomayajula <av...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vandana Ayyalasomayajula <av...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi viral,