Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tim Pizey <ti...@paneris.oc.uk> on 1999/12/02 17:27:42 UTC

os-windows/5408: getResourceAsStream throws NullPointerException in JServServletManager

>Number:         5408
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       getResourceAsStream throws NullPointerException in JServServletManager
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Webmacro servlet throws a NullPointerException on init.
May be connected with bug no 3329

>How-To-Repeat:
It only affects webmacro servlets, /jserv/ and /servlets/IsItWorking are fine.
Maybe its my fault.
Sorry if it is.
>Fix:
Commenting out lines 548 to 560 in JServServletManager.java did it for me.
I think that NullPointerException should be being ignored, but am not worthy to
suggest such.

/*
        try {
            InputStream argsIn =
                loader.getResourceAsStream(classname.replace('.',
                    File.separatorChar) + ".initArgs");
            if (argsIn != null) {
                try {
                    initargs.load(new BufferedInputStream(argsIn));
                } finally {
                    argsIn.close();
                }
            }