Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/03/29 17:59:22 UTC

[VOTE] Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Website Skin 1.0.0 (RC2)

   Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Website Skin 1.0.0 RC2 has been staged under [2]
   and it’s time to vote on accepting it for release.

   All Maven artifacts are available under [1]. Voting will be open for 72hr.

   A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
   are required to pass.

   Repository: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/plc4x-build-tools.git
   Release tag: plc4x-site-skin-1.0.0
   Hash for the release tag: f250538b669f6db801ee6bcfb06671a1b9412710

   Per [3] "Before voting +1 PMC members are required to download
   the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
   the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
   verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
   on releases."

   You can achieve the above by following [4].

   [ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items in [4])
   [ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

   [1] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheplc4x-1026/
   [2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/plc4x/build-tools/plc4x-site-skin/1.0.0/rc2/
   [3] https://www.apache.org/dev/release/validation.html#approving-a-release
   [4] https://plc4x.apache.org/developers/release/validation.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache PLC4X Build-Tools Website Skin 1.0.0 (RC2)

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
I vote +1 (binding)

I checked:

- Downloaded Artifacts and checked hash and signature
- Checked existence and Content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README; RELEASE_NOTES
- No unexpected binaries
- Built project according to readme (mvn install) (macOs Mojave 10.14.6)

Best
Julian

Am 30.03.20, 18:11 schrieb "Niklas Merz" <ni...@apache.org>:

    I vote +1 (non-binding)

    [OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the
    release vote email.
    [OK] Verify the signature is correct.
    [OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
    [OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes.
    [OK] Unzip the archive.
    [OK] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES
    files in the extracted source bundle.
    [OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files
    in the extracted source bundle.
    [OK] Run RAT and check output.
    [OK] Build the project with "mvn install" (Linux Mint 19.03).

    Niklas

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.
I vote +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Lukas

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release
vote email into a directory we’ll now call download-dir
[OK] Verify the signature is correct: Additional Apache tutorial on how to
verify downloads can be found here.
[OK] Check if the check is successful.
[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes:
[OK] Unzip the archive:
[OK] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files
in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in
the extracted source bundle.
(Especially pay attention to the year in the NOTICE file if this is the
first release of the year)
[OK] [RM] Build the project with "mvn install" on Ubuntu 19.10

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
+1 (binding)

Chris

[OK] Download all staged artifacts under the url specified in the release vote email into a directory we’ll now call download-dir
[OK] Verify the signature is correct: Additional Apache tutorial on how to verify downloads can be found here.
[OK] Check if the check is successful.
[OK] Check if the signature references an Apache email address.
[OK] Verify the SHA512 hashes:
[OK] Unzip the archive:
[OK] Verify the existence of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.
[OK] Verify the content of LICENSE, NOTICE, README, RELEASE_NOTES files in the extracted source bundle.