Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2015/04/19 21:25:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tasks and Ideas for 1.5.1

Hi folks!

First I want to say a BIG thanks to all the people wo made OWB-1.5.0 possible. It was quite a long walk, but we had tons of fun and the project, the team and the community around it ist still amazing even after so many years!

There is an old saying: „After the release is before the release“

I guess we will likely get some bugs and feedback pretty soon, so I target a 1.5.1 release rather soonish ;)

What do YOU like to address in the next few weeks?
Here is my personal list of tasks:

* Update our site to reflect CDI-1.1. ANY HELP IS WELCOME :)

* Get rid of our Map backed SessionContext impl. Instead we should store our @SessionScoped beans directly in the HttpSession. And only use a Map if we really need a ’synthetic session’. We also don’t need to care about sessionId rewrite anymore in that case.

* Store our Conversations in a custom Bean<T> in the SessionContext. That way it doesn’t matter where the session gets stored.

* Probably get rid of the ConversationManager? It uses the nifty sessionId heavily :( And technically we don’t need that…

* Get rid of all the FailOver stuff. This is not needed anymore if we really persist into a Session. This will really simplify a big area of our codebase

* Split WebBeansConfigurationListener in Begin and End Listeners. We did this in TomEE already. This is important if to guarantee that OWB gets started as first in the chain, but stopped/cleaning up as last one in the Listener chain.

* Improve our Servlet integration.

I will create JIRA tickets for all thos ideas.

Wdyt? Any other things to target in the next release?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: [DISCUSS] Tasks and Ideas for 1.5.1

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
The changes look really good, thanks a lot, Karl!

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Regarding fixing the site. I know I said I would fix the docs but the cms
holds me back to much because I really dislike it. I was thinking the other
day that it might be a lot easier for me to work with subversion directly
instead and create a patch from it?

If that is OK then I can look at the site tomorrow already because I
actually need better owb docs for my day job since we are switching project
after project to it and I explain it over and over anyways. I booked myself

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.