Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ian Parfitt <IP...@selkirk.ca> on 2004/06/16 00:30:25 UTC

configuring tomcat and apache on windows 2000

greetings

I'm trying to get tomcat running with apache on windows 2000.   I used
to work in UNIX a lot but have become lazy with Windows, so please
excuse my questions, the first of which is why isn't there an option to
download a windows version of apache with the tomcat servlet engine
built in? Or at least tomcat with the Jserv module included? I've got
apache http server 2.0.49 running and have downloaded and installed
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30 and downloaded
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2.0.4-win32-apache2.0.49.zip.  I extracted
the mod_jk2.so file from the latter zip to the modules folder in the
Apache2 folder.   I added a line to load that module to the httpd.conf
file.   I created a workers2.properties file (in notepad) and then cut
and pasted this

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
  port=8009
  host=127.0.0.1

  [ajp13:localhost:8009]
  channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

  [uri:/examples/*]
  worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

into it.   Then I added

# The default port is 8009 but you can use another one
# channelSocket.port=8009

to the bottom of the jk2.properties file (in
c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\conf)

Apache runs, and when I run the startup.bat file tomcat starts, but
then tomcat seems to be hung at
INFO:  Jk running ID=0 time=0/31
config=C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30\bin\....jk2.properties

Any clues or help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian Parfitt
Selkirk College
Castlegar, BC