Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by sprinz <si...@doubleslash.de> on 2014/07/11 15:58:34 UTC

Re: 3.0.1 snapshot : Unable to connect to container using bin/client or ssh

I have the exact same Problem (using Karaf 3.0.1).

If I start Karaf on my PC with /bin/start and then run /bin/client it works
perfectly.

However, if I install and start karaf on a remote PC, connect to this pc
with ssh and run /bin/client on the remote PC I get the following Error:

1036 [pool-2-thread-1] WARN org.apache.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl
- Exception caught
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to negociate key exchange for
encryption algorithms (client to server) (client:
aes128-ctr,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc / server: )
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.session.AbstractSession.negociate(AbstractSession.java:957)
	at
org.apache.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl.doHandleMessage(ClientSessionImpl.java:331)
	at
org.apache.sshd.client.session.ClientSessionImpl.handleMessage(ClientSessionImpl.java:293)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.session.AbstractSession.decode(AbstractSession.java:587)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.session.AbstractSession.messageReceived(AbstractSession.java:253)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.AbstractSessionIoHandler.messageReceived(AbstractSessionIoHandler.java:54)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2Session$2.completed(Nio2Session.java:231)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2Session$2.completed(Nio2Session.java:217)
	at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeUnchecked(Invoker.java:126)
	at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeDirect(Invoker.java:145)
	at
sun.nio.ch.UnixAsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.implRead(UnixAsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:553)
	at
sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.read(AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:275)
	at
sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.read(AsynchronousSocketChannelImpl.java:296)
	at
java.nio.channels.AsynchronousSocketChannel.read(AsynchronousSocketChannel.java:407)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2Session.startReading(Nio2Session.java:217)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2Connector$1.completed(Nio2Connector.java:53)
	at
org.apache.sshd.common.io.nio2.Nio2Connector$1.completed(Nio2Connector.java:46)
	at sun.nio.ch.Invoker.invokeUnchecked(Invoker.java:126)
	at sun.nio.ch.Invoker$2.run(Invoker.java:206)
	at
sun.nio.ch.AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl$1.run(AsynchronousChannelGroupImpl.java:112)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Logging in as karaf
Authentication failure

The forums are full of similar questions:

http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/java-lang-IllegalStateException-Unable-to-negociate-key-exchange-for-item-2-td3318330.html
http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Cannot-connec-to-Karaf-3-0-0-SNAPSHOT-Shell-td4026919.html#a4026923

For Karaf 3.x no answer has been given so far.

Regards,
sprinz

Re: 3.0.1 snapshot : Unable to connect to container using bin/client or ssh

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update.

As I wasn't able to reproduce your issue, I suspected something related
to your "environment" ;)

Regards
JB

On 07/15/2014 09:53 AM, sprinz wrote:
> I found the solution. It had nothing to do with ssh itself.
>
> We have build a custom distribution and put a custom /bin/karaf file in
> filtered-resources. Our build server builds this custom distribution and
> installs it on an external system.
> The problem was, that the build server replaced the JAVA_HOME variable in
> /bin/karaf with a fixed java directory. This directory doesn't exist on the
> external system, which produced the error.
>
> Thx for your help and time!
> Regards,
> sprinz

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: 3.0.1 snapshot : Unable to connect to container using bin/client or ssh

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update, I will take a look on that.

Regards
JB

On 07/14/2014 09:00 AM, sprinz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for the late reply. Yes, unfortunately I have the same problem using
> putty remotely...
>
> The problem could probably be resolved by editing /etc/ssh/ssh_config, but i
> do not want to do this for security and convenience reasons.
>
> Regards,
> sprinz

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: 3.0.1 snapshot : Unable to connect to container using bin/client or ssh

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

So, the problem is using a remote client. Do you have the problem using
putty remotely ?

Regards
JB

Jean-Baptiste Onofré