Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Zhu Han <sc...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/31 05:07:26 UTC

Caching Saving Question

We have a CF on which both key cache and row cache are enabled. We found
the key cache is saved to disk periodically per configuration, while row
cache was not saved at all in the last two month. Both the log and ondisk
mtime verified the result.

Is it the expected behavior?

The node runs Cassandra 1.0.10. Here is the CF definition:

create column family Demo
  with column_type = 'Standard'
  and comparator = 'BytesType'
  and default_validation_class = 'BytesType'
  and key_validation_class = 'BytesType'
  and rows_cached = 100000.0
  and row_cache_save_period = 14400
  and row_cache_keys_to_save = 2147483647
  and keys_cached = 200000.0
  and key_cache_save_period = 14400
  and read_repair_chance = 0.01
  and gc_grace = 864000
  and min_compaction_threshold = 4
  and max_compaction_threshold = 32
  and replicate_on_write = true
  and row_cache_provider = 'SerializingCacheProvider'
  and compaction_strategy =
'org.apache.cassandra.db.compaction.SizeTieredCompactionStrategy'
  and compression_options = {'chunk_length_kb' : '64',
'sstable_compression' :
'org.apache.cassandra.io.compress.SnappyCompressor'};

best regards,
Zhu Han