Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/03 13:07:04 UTC

Setup SVN branch for the new 2.9 release

Hi

We need to setup the SVN branch for the 2.9 branch.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/branches/

And also I think the svnmerge stuff need to be adjusted, so the new
2.9 branch will
look at "trunk" as source.
And the 2.8 branch should look at the "2.9 branch" as source.

I think this is how Dan set it up perviously for the 2.8 and 2.7 branches.

Also when creating the 2.9 branch, we may just use the current trunk
as starting location,
to get all the latest fixes and improvements.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: Setup SVN branch for the new 2.9 release

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday, January 03, 2012 1:07:04 PM Claus Ibsen wrote:
> Hi
>
> We need to setup the SVN branch for the 2.9 branch.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/branches/
>
> And also I think the svnmerge stuff need to be adjusted, so the new
> 2.9 branch will
> look at "trunk" as source.
> And the 2.8 branch should look at the "2.9 branch" as source.
>
> I think this is how Dan set it up perviously for the 2.8 and 2.7 branches.
>
> Also when creating the 2.9 branch, we may just use the current trunk
> as starting location,
> to get all the latest fixes and improvements.

I'll take care of this later today or tomorrow morning.   It can be a bit
tricky as we want 2.9.x to look at trunk, but then we also need to update
2.8.x to look at 2.9.x.   It generally works best if we go through all the
outstanding merges on 2.8.x first and either block or merge them so there is a
clean slate when we update all the props.

--
Daniel Kulp