Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/06/02 10:36:13 UTC

Re: Sling Release

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...The final question is, what = which parts we want to release? ...

> I would say: api, engine, jcr (api, base, classloader, contentloader,
> jackrabbit-*, ocm, resource, webdav), launchpad/*, event, i18n,
> httpauth, servlets/*, commons/*, adapter, bundleresource, scripting
> (api, core, javascript, jsp, jsp.taglib).

The launchpad/app jar file and the launchpad/webapp war file include
binary copies of their dependencies, which means we are redistributing
said dependencies once we release those modules.

I think we must update the NOTICE files of the launchpad/app and
webapp modules to mention all non-Apache dependencies, as listed by
mvn dependency:resolve.

WDYT?
-Bertrand

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>>> ...IIRC, Wicket has a way of combining multiple NOTICE files using Maven,
>>> I'll have a look at that...
>>>
>> Afaik this is done by the maven remote resources plugin. I looked at it some
>> months ago and I though that it's a mess :)...
>
> Ok, and what it does IIUC is concatenating NOTICE files from
> subprojects in the top-level NOTICE, that's not really what we need.
>
> I'm working on a shell script to generate those files
> semi-automatically from mvn dependency:resolve output, stay tuned...

Great, please note that we only need this for the launchpad stuff; the
other modules should be ok as I checked them some time ago manually :)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ...Am Montag, den 02.06.2008, 10:36 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
>>> ... I think we must update the NOTICE files of the launchpad/app and
>>> webapp modules to mention all non-Apache dependencies, as listed by
>>> mvn dependency:resolve.
>>>
>> I agree .... Can we automate this ?
>
> IIRC, Wicket has a way of combining multiple NOTICE files using Maven,
> I'll have a look at that...

Afaik this is done by the maven remote resources plugin. I looked at it
some months ago and I though that it's a mess :) It is able to collect
the information from the dependencies, but this is of course based on
the information from the various poms - and these are never really
correct or complete. So it's possible to override this stuff and you end
up maintaining the info just to use the plugin anyway. As dependencies
do not change that often, I would prefer doing it by hand.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Montag, den 02.06.2008, 10:43 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ...Am Montag, den 02.06.2008, 10:36 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> >>... I think we must update the NOTICE files of the launchpad/app and
> >> webapp modules to mention all non-Apache dependencies, as listed by
> >> mvn dependency:resolve.
> >>
> > I agree .... Can we automate this ?
>
> IIRC, Wicket has a way of combining multiple NOTICE files using Maven,
> I'll have a look at that...

Cool. Thanks.

Regards
Felix

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Re: Sling Release

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Montag, den 02.06.2008, 10:36 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> ...The final question is, what = which parts we want to release? ...
>
> > I would say: api, engine, jcr (api, base, classloader, contentloader,
> > jackrabbit-*, ocm, resource, webdav), launchpad/*, event, i18n,
> > httpauth, servlets/*, commons/*, adapter, bundleresource, scripting
> > (api, core, javascript, jsp, jsp.taglib).
>
> The launchpad/app jar file and the launchpad/webapp war file include
> binary copies of their dependencies, which means we are redistributing
> said dependencies once we release those modules.
>
> I think we must update the NOTICE files of the launchpad/app and
> webapp modules to mention all non-Apache dependencies, as listed by
> mvn dependency:resolve.
>
> WDYT?

I agree .... Can we automate this ?

Regards