Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov> on 2013/08/30 16:21:49 UTC

is there a SSTAbleInput for Map/Reduce instead of ColumnFamily?

is there a SSTableInput for Map/Reduce instead of ColumnFamily (which uses thrift)?

We are not worried about repeated reads since we are idempotent but would rather have the direct speed (even if we had to read from a snapshot, it would be fine).

(We would most likely run our M/R on 4 nodes of the 12 nodes we have since we have RF=3 right now).

Thanks,
Dean

Re: is there a SSTAbleInput for Map/Reduce instead of ColumnFamily?

Posted by Jim Ancona <ji...@anconafamily.com>.
Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't seem to have released Aegisthus as open
source.

Jim

Posted by Jeremiah D Jordan <je...@gmail.com>.