Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Amish Gujarathi <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/24 12:43:57 UTC

XSL Operating System.

Hi All:

Am using XalanC 1.10.0 in combination with Xerces 2.7.0, for Transforming an
XML to another XML.

Now i have a need to support different languages and hence need to support
different encoding. Specifically i need to support English, Japanese and
Chinese and i believe the encoding are UTF-8, Shift_JIS and Big5
respectively. Could you please let me know how could i achieve this for
single XSL file. An Example would be of great help.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Amish.

Re: XSL Operating System.

Posted by Amish Gujarathi <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Dave for the information.

- Amish.

Re: XSL Operating System.

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Amish Gujarathi wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> Am using XalanC 1.10.0 in combination with Xerces 2.7.0, for
> Transforming an XML to another XML.
>
> Now i have a need to support different languages and hence need to
> support different encoding. Specifically i need to support English,
> Japanese and Chinese and i believe the encoding are UTF-8, Shift_JIS and
> Big5 respectively. Could you please let me know how could i achieve this
> for single XSL file. An Example would be of great help.

General XSLT questions are best asked on the Mulberry Technologies XSL
list.  I suggest you subscribe to that list and post your question there

The usual way to do this is to have one stylesheet which is imported by
three different stylesheets, each of which has an xsl:output instruction
with the desired output encoding for that particular transformation.

However, since UTF-8 can encode all Unicode characters, there is no need to