Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org> on 2018/05/24 05:21:21 UTC

[VOTE] Pulsar Release 2.0.0-rc1-incubating Candidate 5

This is the fifth release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version
2.0.0-rc1-incubating.

Pulsar is a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on
commodity hardware.
It provides simple pub-sub semantics over topics, guaranteed at-least-once
delivery of
messages, automatic cursor management for subscribers, and geo-replication.

The only difference from previous candidate is a fix on the LICENSE
attached to bin distribution to correctly reflect all dependencies and
versions.

Link to the voting thread on pulsar dev list:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/81359fe55cb75cd1621a70e9a5a0af02fb1a84549ab0046d335182fa@%3Cdev.pulsar.apache.org%3E

It fixes the following issues:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/12?closed=1

*** Please download, test and vote on this release. This vote will stay open
for at least 72 hours ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/pulsar/pulsar-2.0.0-rc1-incubating-candidate-5/

SHA-1 checksums:
72ee624c9b1485cc4c12b71e3807c7c05ec900ad
apache-pulsar-2.0.0-rc1-incubating-bin.tar.gz
c525457db8f9c4ea859c595c93e9207631cda19f
apache-pulsar-2.0.0-rc1-incubating-src.tar.gz

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1017/

The tag to be voted upon:
v2.0.0-rc1-incubating-candidate-5 (08708a198606fb934e46f6cb0b614f2babf613e4)
https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/releases/tag/v2.0.0-rc1-incubating-candidate-5

Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pulsar/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run the Pulsar standalone service.

--
Matteo Merli
<mm...@apache.org>

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar Release 2.0.0-rc1-incubating Candidate 5

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
+1 (binding) carried over from dev@pulsar voting thread.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matteo,

I think I can help with that, Please fill an issue to track this question.
I can post some reference as a comment to the issue that you can take a
look.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

[RESULT] [VOTE] Pulsar Release 2.0.0-rc1-incubating Candidate 5

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>.
The vote for releasing Apache Pulsar 2.0.0-rc1-incubating is now closed.

With a total of +3 binding votes and no -1 votes, the vote passes.

+1s (binding):
 * Dave Fisher
 * Willem Jiang
 * Justin Mclean

Thank you to all the reviewers for taking the time to validate this release.

Matteo

Posted by Matteo Merli <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matteo Merli <mm...@apache.org>.
> Minor issue is that LICENSE is missing mention of these files [1][2][3]
(but includes their license), be nice to fix that for the net release.

Justin, you're right. That's coming from that the 1st part LICENSE.bin.txt
file is taken from source tgz LICENSE file. There, we mention these files
since the sources are bundled in our package. As I understand, the right
way for the binary distribution would be to just mention these as the other
dependencies, without mentions to the source files, correct?

Thanks,
Matteo

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.