Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Carlotta Hicks <Ca...@sas.com> on 2014/06/24 21:40:15 UTC

Trying to create an HBase Table using HCatalog

I am submitting the following with HCatalog:

CREATE TABLE
usTestHB (fname string, lname string, cname string)
STORED BY 'org.apache.hive.hcatalog.hbase.HBaseHCatStorageHandler '
TBLPROPERTIES (
'hbase.table.name'='usTest',
'hbase.columns.mapping'='fname:fname, lname:lname, cname:cname'
);

but I keep getting this exception:

SemanticException java.io.IOException: Error in loading storage handler.org.apache.hive.hcatalog.hbase.HBaseHCatStorageHandler

I've found patch HIVE-6698, but this seems to be geared towards using HCatalog on windows.  I am on unix.

Can anyone provide assistance with creating an HBase table using HCatalog?

HCatalog - 0.12.0
HBase - 0.96.1.1

Thanks,

Carlotta Hicks
Carlotta.Hicks@sas.com

SAS(r) ... THE POWER TO KNOW(r)

RE: Trying to create an HBase Table using HCatalog

Posted by Carlotta Hicks <Ca...@sas.com>.
That worked!  Thanks you very much!

Can you change the storage handler classname in your query from "org.apache.hive.hcatalog.hbase.HBaseHCatStorageHandler" to "org.apache.hcatalog.hbase.HBaseHCatStorageHandler" and try?
-Deepesh

'hbase.table.name<http://hbase.table.name>'='usTest',
'hbase.columns.mapping'='fname:fname, lname:lname, cname:cname'
);

but I keep getting this exception:

SemanticException java.io.IOException: Error in loading storage handler.org.apache.hive.hcatalog.hbase.HBaseHCatStorageHandler

I’ve found patch HIVE-6698, but this seems to be geared towards using HCatalog on windows.  I am on unix.

Can anyone provide assistance with creating an HBase table using HCatalog?

HCatalog – 0.12.0
HBase – 0.96.1.1

Thanks,

Carlotta Hicks
Carlotta.Hicks@sas.com<ma...@sas.com>

SAS® … THE POWER TO KNOW®

Re: Trying to create an HBase Table using HCatalog

Posted by D K <de...@gmail.com>.