Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2002/03/10 05:29:48 UTC

[Announcement] New XConf tool

Hi,

For those of you who don't follow CVS commit list:
I have done second shot at sitemap tool, which is now more flexible but
is no compatible with the files written for the old tool. Instead of
cryptic '|'-separated file with limited abilities to provide component
configuration, new tool allows to specify exact markup to be inserted,
and allows to specify point of insertion by means of xpath.

Here is an example:
------------------------8<------------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<xconf xpath="cocoon/programming-languages"
       unless="language[@name='python']">
    <!-- Python language -->
    <python-language name="python" logger="core.language.python"/>
</xconf>
------------------------8<------------------------

Hope this won't cause too much trouble for others who invested in the
old tool ;)

Thanks,
Vadim

Re: [Announcement] New XConf tool

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For those of you who don't follow CVS commit list:
> I have done second shot at sitemap tool, which is now more flexible but
> is no compatible with the files written for the old tool. Instead of
> cryptic '|'-separated file with limited abilities to provide component
> configuration, new tool allows to specify exact markup to be inserted,
> and allows to specify point of insertion by means of xpath.
>
> Here is an example:
> ------------------------8<------------------------
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>
> <xconf xpath="cocoon/programming-languages"
>        unless="language[@name='python']">
>     <!-- Python language -->
>     <python-language name="python" logger="core.language.python"/>
> </xconf>
>
> Hope this won't cause too much trouble for others who invested in the
> old tool ;)

Great job, Vadim! I really like the new syntax much better :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

RE: [Announcement] New XConf tool

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Great, Vadim!