Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by rz...@asuragen.com on 2016/09/09 14:00:20 UTC

Bamboo vs. Jenkins for Cayenne, other projects

Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but the combined wisdom and experience of this group is substantial.

Cayenne is using Apache’s JIRA + Apache’s Jenkins installs despite the availability of Bamboo infrastructure at Apache. My question: what (if any) are the reasons Cayenne has stayed with Jenkins rather than migrating to bamboo? We have a similar setup locally and are considering a Bamboo migration, but the number of apache projects with JIRA + Jenkins instead of JIRA + Bamboo makes me wonder about Bamboo.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts,

Robert

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. Reading, copying, disclosure or use by anybody else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail.

Re: Bamboo vs. Jenkins for Cayenne, other projects

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
And I didn't know that Apache provides Bamboo :) I use Bamboo at work. It has marginally better UI than Jenkins. I am fine with either.

Andrus

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 10/09/2016 12:00am, rzeigler@asuragen.com wrote:
> Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but the combined wisdom and experience of this group is substantial.
>
> Cayenne is using Apache\u2019s JIRA + Apache\u2019s Jenkins installs despite the availability of Bamboo infrastructure at Apache. My question: what (if any) are the reasons Cayenne has stayed with Jenkins rather than migrating to bamboo? We have a similar setup locally and are considering a Bamboo migration, but the number of apache projects with JIRA + Jenkins instead of JIRA + Bamboo makes me wonder about Bamboo.

Many years ago I migrated from Bamboo to Jenkins (nee Hudson). I did so for the significantly better ecosystem of plugins.

I think the better question is: why would we put effort into moving to Bamboo? Does it give us anything we don't have?

Which reminds me: we should fix the excessive logging which kills travis [1]. We could get mysql, mariadb, postgresql testing there. I got a bit stuck between maven and Cayenne's logging.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/apache/cayenne

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis