Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com> on 2004/11/05 22:56:30 UTC

problems with generated methods in the client stub

Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to generate java client stubs using wsdl to Java. Somehow I'm
not getting the right return types in the methods generated in stubs. My
wsdl has the following elements:

<message name=" Vehicle_VehicleQueryByExample_Input">
  <part name="SbMessage" type="xsdLocal0:ListOfVehicleInterfaceTopElmt"
/>
  </message>

 <message name=" Vehicle_VehicleQueryByExample_Output">
  <part name="SbMessage" type="xsdLocal0:ListOfVehicleInterfaceTopElmt"
/>
  </message>

 <message name=" Vehicle_VehicleQueryById_Input">
  <part name="PrimaryRowId" type="xsd:string" />
  </message>

 <message name=" Vehicle_VehicleQueryById_Output">
  <part name="SbMessage" type="xsdLocal0:ListOfVehicleInterfaceTopElmt"
/>
  </message>

 <operation name="VehicleQueryByExample">
  <input message="tns: Vehicle_VehicleQueryByExample_Input" />
  <output message="tns: Vehicle_VehicleQueryByExample_Output" />
  </operation>
 <operation name="VehicleQueryById">
  <input message="tns: Vehicle_VehicleQueryById_Input" />
  <output message="tns: Vehicle_VehicleQueryById_Output" />
  </operation>

The parts in the output messages for both the operations are the same
i.e the output messages should return the same data type for both
operations. I am getting the right return type for method generated in
the java stub for the "VehicleQueryById" operation but get a void return
type for the
"VehicleQueryByExample" operation.

Here are my generated methods:

public void
VehicleQueryByExample(com.siebel.www.holders.ListOfVehicleInterfaceTopEl
mtHolder message) throws java.rmi.RemoteException;

public com.siebel.www.ListOfVehicleInterfaceTopElmt
VehicleQueryById(java.lang.String primaryRowId) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException;

I would appreciate any clues.

Thanks

Vikas