Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rodent of Unusual Size <co...@decus.org> on 1997/01/02 16:51:58 UTC

Whither new enhancements?

    I have some enhancements to mod_dir, triggered by an article in the
    c.i.w.s.u newsgroup concerning configurable field widths for generated
    indices.  I've added the IndexNameWidth and IndexDescWidth directives to
    allow the setting of explicit widths for those field.

    The question I have is: with 1.2 in feature-freeze mode, and (from the
    sounds of it) a certain disinclination to have another release (1.3)
    before 2.0, what should I do with these enhancements?  (Be nice, now!)

    #ken    :-)}	Jeratol the Chaotic

Coar@DECUS.Org           | Opinions are those of the author.  `... it
Process Software Corp.   | was mine art, ... that made gape the pine
Massachusetts, USA       | and let thee out.'  - Prospero

Re: Whither new enhancements?

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Thu, 2 Jan 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

"Rodent of Unusual Size".   Hmmm. Some parents are sooo cruel.

So what do we call you for short ?  "Rodent" or "big rat" ?

>     I have some enhancements to mod_dir, triggered by an article in the
>     c.i.w.s.u newsgroup concerning configurable field widths for generated
>     indices.  I've added the IndexNameWidth and IndexDescWidth directives to
>     allow the setting of explicit widths for those field.
>
>     The question I have is: with 1.2 in feature-freeze mode, and (from the
>     sounds of it) a certain disinclination to have another release (1.3)
>     before 2.0, what should I do with these enhancements?  (Be nice, now!)

I didn't notice any replies, so I'd suggest you drop them into
the patch dir.

>     #ken    :-)}	Jeratol the Chaotic

rob

Re: Whither new enhancements?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
I already made a patch that implements this:

   http://www.apache.org/dist/contrib/patches/1.2/variable-dir.patch

Though I see yours adds directives (mine were compile-time #defines).
If you upload your patch to ftp://ftp.apache.org/incoming/apache I'll replace
the one I had there with yours.

	Brian