Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 01:38:33 UTC

Servicemix 4.0 endpoints inconsistently shutting down.

I wanted to reask about SAs in Servicemix 4.0.  When I start Servicemix 4.0
fresh (no data directory), certain SAs that it deploys, will end up in the
stopped state.  There are no errors, and it seems to be random.  If I stop
Servicemix, delete the data directory and start it back up, then different
SAs will be stopped, or sometimes they'll all start up and be fine.  It
appears that if they do all start up, then they seem to start everytime if I
restart the server.  It just seems like on a fresh start, sometimes an SA
won't start up properly.  Is there anyway to find out the reason why an SA
doesn't start?  I don't see anything in the log, is there something I can
turn on to see what might be causing the intermittent problem?

If I try to access an external endpoint on one of the SAs that don't show up
in jbi/list (such as a CXF endpoint), I'll see this error (it's the only
error I see).

Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Endpoint is stopped
    at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.CxfBcConsumer$1.handleMessage(CxfBcConsumer.java:440)
    at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)
    at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:89)
    at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.CxfBcConsumer$JbiChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(CxfBcConsumer.java:646)
    at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.serviceRequest(JettyHTTPDestination.java:302)
    at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.doService(JettyHTTPDestination.java:266)
    at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPHandler.handle(JettyHTTPHandler.java:70)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:49)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
    at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:533)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:207)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:403)
    at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
    at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:522)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Endpoint is stopped
    ... 19 more

Re: Servicemix 4.0 endpoints inconsistently shutting down.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
I believe this issue of mine is related to this issue I just filed:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-361

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
One more strange thing I noticed.  I started Servicemix up, everything
deployed fine.  I then had to shut it down and restart it.  when I did it
started undeploying some of my components and SAs.  I noticed some debug
messages like this:

21:25:33,671 | DEBUG | xtenderThread-28 | XBeanNamespaceHandler            |
ontext.v2c.XBeanNamespaceHandler  839 | Could not find resource:
META-INF/services/org/apache/xbean/spring/http/
service.com/definitions/taskDescription

I see the reference that it's talking about in one of the jars in the SE
component that is deployed.  Though, it's part defined in a different jar
than the jar that is created for the SE.  Is that now a limitation in
Servicemix 4.0? I didn't have any issue like this in Servicemix 3.3.1.

I'm thoroughly confused.  That looks to be the only thing I can find that
remotely looks like an error.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> Creating an application context for bundle [null (process-service-sa)]
>>> 18:38:21,921 | DEBUG | pool-1-thread-1  |
>>> ContextLoaderListener            | .activator.ContextLoaderListener  726 |
>>> No application context created for bundle [null (process-service-sa)]
>>> 18:38:21,921 | INFO  | pool-1-thread-1  |
>>> FileMonitor                      | x.kernel.filemonitor.FileMonitor  550 |
>>> Started: process-service-sa [119]
>>> 18:38:21,921 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue |
>>> process-service-sa                  | ?                                   ?
>>>
>>> After this point in the log, there isn't a single mention of that SA
>>> again anywhere in the rest of the log.... About 4000 lines down from the
>>> above segment in the log file, the servicemix-cxf-se component bundle gets
>>> deployed, but it never finishes installing process-service-sa.
>>>
>>> 18:38:29,343 | DEBUG | Thread-5         |
>>> BundleWatcher                    | .swissbox.extender.BundleWatcher  176 |
>>> Scanning bundle [servicemix-cxf-se]
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | Thread-5         |
>>> Deployer                         | cemix.jbi.deployer.impl.Deployer  301 |
>>> Checking bundle: 'ServiceMix :: CXF Service Engine (servicemix-cxf-se)'
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | Thread-5         |
>>> Deployer                         | cemix.jbi.deployer.impl.Deployer  304 |
>>> Bundle 'ServiceMix :: CXF Service Engine (servicemix-cxf-se)' does not
>>> contain any JBI descriptor.
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | Thread-5         |
>>> ContextLoaderListener            | .activator.ContextLoaderListener  709 |
>>> Scanning bundle [ServiceMix :: CXF Service Engine (servicemix-cxf-se)] for
>>> configurations...
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | Thread-5         |
>>> ContextLoaderListener            | .activator.ContextLoaderListener  715 |
>>> Creating an application context for bundle [ServiceMix :: CXF Service Engine
>>> (servicemix-cxf-se)]
>>> 18:38:29,359 | INFO  | Thread-5         |
>>> ultOsgiApplicationContextCreator | ultOsgiApplicationContextCreator   67 |
>>> Discovered configurations {osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml} in bundle
>>> [ServiceMix :: CXF Service Engine (servicemix-cxf-se)]
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | Thread-5         |
>>> ContextLoaderListener            | .activator.ContextLoaderListener  735 |
>>> Bundle [ServiceMix :: CXF Service Engine (servicemix-cxf-se)] is Spring type
>>> compatible with Spring-DM
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | Thread-5         |
>>> ContextLoaderListener            | .activator.ContextLoaderListener  784 |
>>> Asynchronous context creation for bundle [ServiceMix :: CXF Service Engine
>>> (servicemix-cxf-se)]
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue |
>>> servicemix-cxf-se                | ?                                   ? |
>>> BundleEvent STARTED
>>> 18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | xtenderThread-49 |
>>> WaiterApplicationContextExecutor | WaiterApplicationContextExecutor  162 |
>>> Starting first stage of refresh for
>>> OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=servicemix-cxf-se,
>>> config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

18:38:21,921 | DEBUG | pool-1-thread-1  | ContextLoaderListener            |
.activator.ContextLoaderListener  726 | No application context created for
bundle [null (process-service-sa)]
18:38:21,921 | INFO  | pool-1-thread-1  | FileMonitor                      |
x.kernel.filemonitor.FileMonitor  550 | Started: process-service-sa [119]
18:38:21,921 | DEBUG | lixDispatchQueue |
process-service-sa                  | ?                                   ?
| BundleEvent STARTED

After this point in the log, there isn't a single mention of that SA again
anywhere in the rest of the log.... About 4000 lines down from the above
segment in the log file, the servicemix-cxf-se component bundle gets
deployed, but it never finishes installing process-service-sa.

18:38:29,343 | DEBUG | Thread-5         | BundleWatcher                    |
.swissbox.extender.BundleWatcher  176 | Scanning bundle [servicemix-cxf-se]
18:38:29,359 | DEBUG | Thread-5         | Deployer                         |
cemix.jbi.deployer.impl.Deployer  301 | Checking bundle: 'ServiceMix :: CXF

http://service.com/salina/workflow}workflow-service from class

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,