Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Philip Arkcoll <ph...@knowledgetree.com> on 2009/07/30 19:02:22 UTC

JSR 283 implementation in PHP

Hello all,

We're considering implementing a JSR 283 CR in PHP 5 and releasing this
under the Apache license.

We're aware of early projects aimed at developing a JSR 170 CR. Are you
aware of any current efforts to do so? Would this be something the
Jackrabbit community would be interested in getting involved in?

Best regards,
Philip
--
Philip Arkcoll
Product Manager, KnowledgeTree Inc.

Re: JSR 283 implementation in PHP

Posted by Philip Arkcoll <ph...@knowledgetree.com>.
Hi Alex,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Philip Arkcoll<ph...@knowledgetree.com>
> wrote:
> > We're considering implementing a JSR 283 CR in PHP 5 and releasing this
> > under the Apache license.
> >
> > We're aware of early projects aimed at developing a JSR 170 CR. Are you
> > aware of any current efforts to do so? Would this be something the
> > Jackrabbit community would be interested in getting involved in?
>
> Typo3 made some efforts of implementing first a PHP to JCR bridge
> (using Jackrabbit as backend) and the implementing JCR in PHP
> natively. See this blog post with some links: [1]. But I don't know
> whether they aim JSR-170 or 283 at the moment.

It looks like the Typo3 effort has been spun off into a separate project,
Flow3, covering a JSR-283 CR and allied framework. They've picked up on the
dormant Jackrabbit port to PHP and appear to be actively working on it.

http://flow3.typo3.org/

> I cannot speak for the whole community, but I'd say the current focus
> lies on getting JSR-283 done in Jackrabbit. Implementing the full spec
> is quite a big task, so I'd recommend to start with selected areas
> only (eg. no observation, search, nodetype support etc.) to get you
> going.

Fair enough. Thanks for the advice!

Best regards,
Philip

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.

Posted by Philip Arkcoll <ph...@knowledgetree.com>.
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org>wrote:

>  > We're aware of early projects aimed at developing a JSR 170 CR. Are you
>
> > aware of any current efforts to do so?...
>
> There's Jackalope,
> http://blog.liip.ch/archive/2009/05/12/jackalope-started.html , not
> sure if they target JSR 170 or 283.

Thanks, Bertrand. We've come across Flow 3 and are investigating further.

http://flow3.typo3.org/

Best regards,
Philip

Re: JSR 283 implementation in PHP

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Philip Arkcoll<ph...@knowledgetree.com> wrote:
> ...We're considering implementing a JSR 283 CR in PHP 5 and releasing this
> under the Apache license.
>
> We're aware of early projects aimed at developing a JSR 170 CR. Are you
> aware of any current efforts to do so?...

There's Jackalope,
http://blog.liip.ch/archive/2009/05/12/jackalope-started.html , not
sure if they target JSR 170 or 283.

-Bertrand