Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by doug <dm...@optonline.net> on 2013/07/27 18:26:32 UTC

Version 4

Hey, Apache, congratulations! I just installed version 4.0 (after
finding out the hard way that I had to UNinstall 3.4 first!)
and I am impressed!  You have imported most (all?) of the GUI from
Symphony, and now your product is looking
professional for a change!  I haven't used it yet, so I hope that the
trend continues into the actual use of the app.
Nice going, guys!

--doug

Re: Version 4

Posted by doug <dm...@optonline.net>.
On 07/27/2013 07:07 PM, Virgil Arrington wrote:
> Strange, but I didn't have to uninstall 3.4.1 first. They both remain
> on my computer. I'm running Win7.
>
> Virgil

Running PCLinuxOS. Extracting the rpms was confusing, since the old code
was in the Download
directory also. All the old 3.4 files were in the file manager also
(synaptic). I rm'd all the 3.4 rpms
and uninstalled everything in synaptic, and then everything was
hunky-dory. Windows may be different.
I try and avoid using Windows unless I have to. I'm tired of not being
able to find and use files because
Windows thinks I should be doing something else with them. Example: Use
the start menu to find a
file, and it will open the file in some app. I might not want to open
the file--I might want to email it to
someone. Or download an archive in zip format. Unzip it. Now, unless you
wrote down the names of
the files in the archive, you're unlikely to find them at all--ever!
BTW, if you get KDE for Windows,
you will get a file finder that JUST finds the file you want, using
wildcards if you need to, and then you
can do what you need to with the file.

--doug

-----Original Message----- From: doug

Re: Version 4

Posted by Virgil Arrington <cu...@hotmail.com>.

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both
sides. --A. M. Greeley