Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Martin Vallée <ma...@rvbs.com> on 2001/02/23 23:21:50 UTC

Look this !!!

Hello gang,

very good work !!

i just want to know if we can use xerces system without
the xercesXXX.dll

can i use only the lib in my project ???
yes i know my executable will be huge but i can't use
dll.

if not tell me why please

Thanks for your help

Martin

Re: Searching old threads

Posted by Bob Kline <bk...@rksystems.com>.
On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Charlie Hart wrote:

> Bob Kline wrote:
>
> > By the way, use of subject lines which reflect the general topic of a
> > thread you are creating helps other list members find the answers when
> > they have questions which have come up before.
>
> Is there a way to search old threads? I didn't see it in the FAQs.
> thanks...charlie

Unfortunately not.  The best you can get is a list of messages showing
the subject line and author (and even that's got a delay of a month or
so).  Under these conditions, it's starkly apparent how much more useful
subject lines like "Problems linking sample code on Solaris" or "SAX
'characters' method and ignoring whitespace" are than "HELP!" or "Read
this!".

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com

Searching old threads

Posted by Charlie Hart <ch...@nc.rr.com>.

Re: PlatformUtils::Initialize()

Posted by Joe Polastre <jp...@apache.org>.
It is reference counted now, this is something I did quite a few months ago
for people that wanted to call init/term multiple times.  As far as I know,
term() still doesn't really do very much at all.  The ref count is
definitely a very weak reference count though.  Like simon said, the best
bet is to do it once in dllmain.

-Joe
www.polastre.com

Posted by Clint Phillips <cp...@apriva.com>.
Come to think of it, PlatformUtils::Initialize doesn't call LoadLibrary,
right? That is where WSAStartup problems stem from(calling LoadLibrary in
DllMain).

-Clint

Posted by Clint Phillips <cp...@apriva.com>.
Thanks,

Posted by Simon Fell <xm...@zaks.demon.co.uk>.

PlatformUtils::Initialize()

RE: Static library [was: Look this !!!]

Posted by Peter Murphy <pe...@fast.fujitsu.com.au>.

Martin may need to tinker around with the following lines as well if he
wants to do a static build AND load messages:

...\c\src\util\Compilers\VCPPDefs.hpp(lines 149-153):
#if defined(XERCES_DEBUG)
const char* const Xerces_DLLName = "xerces-c_" Xerces_DLLVersionStr "D";
#else
const char* const Xerces_DLLName = "xerces-c_" Xerces_DLLVersionStr;
#endif
...\c\src\util\MsgLoaders\Win32\Win32MsgLoader.cpp(line 77-93):
Win32MsgLoader::Win32MsgLoader(const XMLCh* const msgDomain) :

    fDomainOfs(0)
    , fModHandle(0)
    , fMsgDomain(0)
{
    // Try to get the module handle
    fModHandle = ::GetModuleHandleA(Xerces_DLLName);
    if (!fModHandle)
    {
        //
        //  If we didn't find it, its probably because its a development
        //  build which is built as separate DLLs, so lets look for the DLL
        //  that we are part of.
        //
        static const char* const privDLLName = "IXUTIL";
        fModHandle = ::GetModuleHandleA(privDLLName);

I think both GetModuleHandleA calls would fail, as they stand. I having
tried it, but would changing the privDLLName variable to the name of your
executable do the trick?

Regards,
Peter.

Re: Static library [was: Look this !!!]

Posted by Bob Kline <bk...@rksystems.com>.

XML to C++ data bindings and marshalling framework

Posted by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com>.
Hi All,

Sorry for this unrelated question, but I need some info that only C++ XML
developers may have so this mailing list seems to be the best place to ask.
I need a C++ implementation of XML to C++ data bindings and marshalling
framework, something analogous to JAXB or Castor for Java.
I am afraid this doesn't exist. Am I right?

thx
Alex