Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michał Jaśtak <wa...@ais.pl> on 2003/08/29 10:21:04 UTC

problems with fo:block and fo:block-container in FOP 0.20.3/0.20.5

I've noticed some strange problems with fo:block and fo:block-container,
description follows:

I have simple sequence:

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="default-sequence">
   <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
     <fo:block-container font-family="Helvetica" font-size="10pt">
     </fo:block-container>
   </fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>

Everything inside block-container is not visible on output, when I change
block-container into block, everything looks good,

Another problem is related to situation when block contains
block-container,
in this case I'm getting following error while running FOP:

[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] FOP 0.20.5
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[ERROR] null

I've noticed also ClassCastException in one case, but I've changed XSL-FO
and cannot reproduce this one :(

any suggestions ?

I'm attaching XSL-FO on which I've made those experiments

best regards
--
Michał "Yahoo" Jaśtak,
   warlock@ais.pl, warlock@ncac.torun.pl, warlock@bofh.torun.pl

        "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)