Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/09/11 07:23:35 UTC

If we are thinking about a 1.4.1 release ...

... should we add minor stuff to the 1.4 branch and add more
experimental stuff to the main branch?

I've been meaning to add the encoding spec to <antstructure> (to make
it work with buggy parsers), which certainly is a minor fix - and also
remove explicit passing of project instances to data types all over
the place, which is a bigger change and shouldn't happen for a bug fix
release IMHO.

Stefan

Re: If we are thinking about a 1.4.1 release ...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> OK, I think we should go for a 1.4.1 release to address the known
> bugs.

+1

> Any others?

I'm not ready looking through Bugzilla yet, guess there are some easy
things in there.

> (gradually sorting out my new environment).

Good luck.

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Holger Engels wrote:

> I think, we should also apply some of those patches, that didn't make it
> into 1.4. Adding some experimental stuff, that cannot break anything,
> seems also a good idea.

I think we should limit ourselves to essential bug fixes only.

Conor

Re: If we are thinking about a 1.4.1 release ...

Posted by Holger Engels <he...@mercatis.de>.
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> > ... should we add minor stuff to the 1.4 branch and add more
> > experimental stuff to the main branch?
> >
> > I've been meaning to add the encoding spec to <antstructure> (to make
> > it work with buggy parsers), which certainly is a minor fix - and also
> > remove explicit passing of project instances to data types all over
> > the place, which is a bigger change and shouldn't happen for a bug fix
> > release IMHO.
> >

> OK, I think we should go for a 1.4.1 release to address the known bugs.
> Go for the antstructure fix. I have fixed the <depend> bug on the 1.4
> branch and hope to address the manifest bug too. Any others?

I think, we should also apply some of those patches, that didn't make it
into 1.4. Adding some experimental stuff, that cannot break anything,
seems also a good idea.

Holger Engels

Re: If we are thinking about a 1.4.1 release ...

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> ... should we add minor stuff to the 1.4 branch and add more
> experimental stuff to the main branch?
>
> I've been meaning to add the encoding spec to <antstructure> (to make
> it work with buggy parsers), which certainly is a minor fix - and also
> remove explicit passing of project instances to data types all over
> the place, which is a bigger change and shouldn't happen for a bug fix
> release IMHO.

OK, I think we should go for a 1.4.1 release to address the known bugs.
Go for the antstructure fix. I have fixed the <depend> bug on the 1.4
branch and hope to address the manifest bug too. Any others?

Conor (gradually sorting out my new environment).