Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Simon Kapeniak <sz...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/27 00:03:06 UTC

Python CouchDB example

Sorry for stupid question. I used to see an example of using Python module
for CouchDB somewhere on the net (possible on Christopher Lenz website or in
the module's docs) but I can't find it now. The one present in Wiki is using
CouchDB without that module. Can anyone remind me a place I can find these
docs and examples?

thanks!

Re: Python CouchDB example

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Simon Kapeniak
<sz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for stupid question. I used to see an example of using Python module
> for CouchDB somewhere on the net (possible on Christopher Lenz website or in
> the module's docs) but I can't find it now. The one present in Wiki is using
> CouchDB without that module. Can anyone remind me a place I can find these
> docs and examples?
>
> thanks!

you could have a look on friendpaste code for an example using couchdb-python :
http://dev.e-engura.com/hg/friendpaste/

there is also an example in werkzeug.

--
- benoƮt

Re: Python CouchDB example

Posted by Michael Hoisie <ho...@gmail.com>.
It's here:

http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/

You can also install through easy_install, I believe.

- Michael Hoisie
http://hoisie.com/ (blog)

Re: Python CouchDB example

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
On 27.08.2008, at 00:03, Simon Kapeniak wrote:
> for CouchDB somewhere on the net (possible on Christopher Lenz
> website or in
> the module's docs) but I can't find it now. The one present in Wiki
> is using
> CouchDB without that module. Can anyone remind me a place I can find
> these
> docs and examples?

I have two CouchDB-Python example webapps here:

   <http://code.cmlenz.net/diva#Examples>

Divan and Scratchpad, specifically.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz
   cmlenz at gmx.de
   http://www.cmlenz.net/

Re: Python CouchDB example

Posted by Paul Bonser <mi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Simon Kapeniak
<sz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for stupid question. I used to see an example of using Python module
> for CouchDB somewhere on the net (possible on Christopher Lenz website or in
> the module's docs) but I can't find it now. The one present in Wiki is using
> CouchDB without that module. Can anyone remind me a place I can find these
> docs and examples?

I have some example code in a blog post about storing hierarchical
data in CouchDB. There are links from the wiki page about it, as well.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HierarchicalData
http://blog.paulbonser.com/2008/07/04/storing-hierarchical-data-in-couchdb/

If you look at the mentioned git repository there, you'll find two
python files. create_tree_data.py is an example of building views and
inserting documents from Python, and tree.py has some examples of
pulling data from a view.

I couldn't find many examples of usage of the Python library either,
so I ended up just reading through the code to figure it out.

--
Paul Bonser
http://blog.paulbonser.com