Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Corbin <dc...@machturtle.com> on 2006/07/12 12:57:38 UTC

sa-learn problem

I'm having a problem with sa-learn (version 3.1).  Here's a snipit of the
debug output:

-------begin------
[787] dbg: locker: safe_lock:
created /home/dcorbin/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.trombone.787
[787] dbg: locker: safe_lock: trying to get lock
on /home/dcorbin/.spamassassin/bayes with 0 retries
[787] dbg: locker: safe_lock: link to /home/dcorbin/.spamassassin/bayes.lock:
link ok
[787] dbg: bayes: tie-ing to DB file
R/W /home/dcorbin/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
[787] dbg: bayes: untie-ing DB file toks
[787] dbg: locker: safe_unlock: unlink /home/dcorbin/.spamassassin/bayes.lock
bayes: cannot open bayes databases /home/dcorbin/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W:
tie failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device
ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for
more information

The .spamassassin directory is rwx for me, and all the files in it are rw for
me.  I don't understand what's going on.  Can someone tell me how to get this
working again?