Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2013/11/25 23:21:18 UTC

[FlexJS] [FalconJX] ValuesManager

Hi,

I've run into an interesting problem while trying to compile some ActionScript into JavaScript via FalconJX.

My ActionScript code reads:

var c:Class = ValuesManager.valuesImpl.getValue(_strand,"iItemRendererClassFactory");

This gets compiled into:

 var /** @type {Class} */ c = org.apache.flex.core.ValuesManager.get_valuesImpl().getValue(this._strand, "iItemRendererClassFactory");

Note that ValuesManager.valuesImpl gets compiled into ValuesManager.get_valuesImpl().  Unfortunately, there is no get_valuesImpl() function on ValuesManager. ValuesManager, in JavaScript, does have a valuesImpl defined:

/**
 * @expose
 * @type {org.apache.flex.core.ValuesManager}
 */
org.apache.flex.core.ValuesManager.prototype.valuesImpl = null;

Most of the code in JavaScript is hand-written; I'm experimenting with creating complex components in ActionScript and then compiling them into JavaScript to see if that's a good way to start the process. So far it has been a little bumpy but it is working out.

Just wanted some advice: should I add a get_valuesImpl() to ValuesManager? Seems like an OK idea to me.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems

Re: [FlexJS] [FalconJX] ValuesManager

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
>Just wanted some advice: should I add a get_valuesImpl() to
>ValuesManager? Seems like an OK idea to me.

Yes.  Please add get_valuesImpl to ValuesManager.

-Alex