Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Salvador Alcantara Cano <Sa...@uab.cat> on 2013/09/12 15:25:59 UTC

Apache FtpServer doubts

Hello,

I am starting to use Apache FtpServer. It seems a good ftp server, but I am not sure about the project activity. Is the Apache FtpServer an active project? How does Apache FtpServer compares with FileZilla? From ApacheFtpServer I like it a lot to have event hooks via Ftplets...something like this cannot be achieved with FileZilla. My concern is on robustness and stability.

Best regards,

Salva

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts

Posted by Sam Mizanin <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Dave,

Both VFS and your custom FileSystemView is fairly simple to embed/implement. In-fact I prefer having a custom FileSystemView as it lets me control the files/folders and the way we show it. You just have to create your own FileSystemView and pass it to FtpServerFactory so that it handles all the operations CWD, PWD, MKD etc.

Cheers,
Sam

________________________________
Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts

Posted by John Hartnup <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.
Frank, thanks for the heads-up...I'll definitely have a look at that.

-Dave

RE: Apache FtpServer doubts

Posted by Frank van der Kleij <kl...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts

Posted by John Hartnup <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
"There is no way to peace; peace is the way"

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts

Posted by David Hoffer <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts

Re: Apache FtpServer doubts