Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com> on 2011/04/16 12:18:17 UTC

Example article available on how to integrate Shiro with CDI & Arquillian

Hi Shiro developers,

I just blogged an article here:
http://spring-java-ee.blogspot.com/2011/04/using-shiro-for-authorization-via-cdi.html

This is about an example of integrating 4 separate cool (and practical!)
stuff:

1. Shiro for security (authentication and authorization)
2. Use of CDI interceptors so that you don't have to sprinkle your business
logic code with orthogonal concerns
3. Integration testing (actually it is unit testing inside an integration
container) your application in Arquillian, demonstrating that it is just as
easy as plain JUnit tests. "Look ma, no manual wiring!"(tm)
4. How Maven project management build tool helps in doing the tasks above
easier, no more searching for stuff and configuring classpaths

Plus a freely available GitHub project to easily run the example.

I hope this can help developers to get started with Apache Shiro.

It'd be great if this can also be incorporated with the official Shiro
examples (with adjustments), to show how Shiro can also be integrated with
CDI and how to test it using Arquillian.

Re: Example article available on how to integrate Shiro with CDI & Arquillian

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Hendy,

This is very cool - thanks for sharing with us!  I've added it to our
reference Articles page
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Articles)

Please allow an hour or so for it to propagate to the shiro.apache.org
main site.

Also, we're in need of a simple JEE example application - any interest
in creating one and contributing it to us?  That way we can offer one
along-side the Spring/Hibernate sample app we have.

Best regards,

--
Les Hazlewood
Founder, Katasoft, Inc.