Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/04/04 14:27:04 UTC

Maven plugins

Hi all, Brett in particular,

if I understand it correctly, Maven wouldn't see a plugin if we only
add it to the CLASSPATH and add jar overrides for it.  So a plugin,
like the xdoclet-plugin needed by Struts Taglib needs to get installed
manually.

Is this correct?

Stefan

Re: Maven plugins

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They should really be declaring a plugin dependency,

I guess they don't do because the XDoclet page[1] doesn't explain how to
do that

> You should put it in ~/.maven/plugins

Done.

The only version I found at ibiblio is 1.2.1 while Taglib asks for
1.2.  I hope this won't cause any problems.

Thanks

        Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/maven-plugin.html

Re: Maven plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Correct. They should really be declaring a plugin dependency, but
otherwise that's the option. You should put it in ~/.maven/plugins
(not $MAVEN_HOME/plugins, making it easier to maintain after an
upgrade).

- Brett