Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com> on 2001/09/29 00:18:27 UTC

[J-T-C] Building mod_jk for Apache 2.0/Windows

I'd like to start experimenting with Tomcat and Apache 2.0.  The Apache 2.0
code in the tomcat_32 branch appears to be quite out of date.  I tried
building the stuff in j-t-c, but the .dsp file won't load in DevStudio 6 and
I don't have the libtools stuff for doing a command line build.

If someone could give me some pointers on getting this building on the Win32
platform (I've got cygwin) I'd appreciate it.  Also, once I've got a build
environment, is there anyplace I can lend a hand?

Marc Saegesser

RE: [J-T-C] Building mod_jk for Apache 2.0/Windows

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
Thanks, that document talks about using the .dsp files to build Apache on
Win32.  What I'm really interested in is being able to build using the UNIX
style scripts.  I hate DevStudio.  I use the cygwin tools and bash for all
my normal Windows stuff so if I could  do the "./buildconf.sh, ./configure,
make" approach I would be much happier.

Marc Saegesser

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.

RE: [J-T-C] Update: Building mod_jk for Apache 2.0/Windows

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
It probably isn't a big deal now.  I've got the .dsp file working now.  Once
I'm satisfied everything is OK I'll commit the changes and also export a
Windows makefile so that I can build without using the damned IDE.

Marc Saegesser

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:24:53PM -0500, Marc Saegesser wrote:
> I'll grab the latest CVS and see how that works.
>
> The buildconf.sh in jk/native/Apache-2.0 runs libtoolize, automake, aclocal
> and autoconf.  Cygwin includes all of these except libtool.  I built it and
> installed it into /usr/local/bin and bad things happened.  I put it into
> /usr/bin and things ran fine.

Ah, that's jk-specific.  It might be a good idea to try to remove the
automake dependency if at all possible as we don't require it for
httpd.  All of the others are required for Apache 2.0.

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
Nope, no error messages.  The first thing I ran into was that WIN32 needs to
be defined for Win32 compiles.  I manually added that to CFLAGS in all the
generated Makefiles and things got further, but there were still problems (I
don't recall exactly what at the moment).  At that point I decided to give
up and work on the .dsp file.

Marc Saegesser

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.