Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Garrett Smith <g...@rrett.us.com> on 2009/04/10 02:30:39 UTC

Python setup missing mllib

The Python installation instructions call for setting PYTHONPATH to the
python directory in the qpid distribution dir. That works fine.

But there's also a setup.py file, which is the standard disutils program
for building and installing Python libraries. However, it's missing
"mllib" in the list of packages. Adding this missing package would make
setup.py useful for installing qpid.

It leaves the matter of setting the AMQP_SPEC location, but at least it
installs the required library files.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Python setup missing mllib

Posted by Joshua Kramer <jo...@globalherald.net>.
>> It leaves the matter of setting the AMQP_SPEC location, but at least it
>> installs the required library files.
> I suspect we can improve on that as well...

I consistently use /usr/share/AMQP/specs for my specs directories.  Maybe
the Python installs could use this directory for a 'base' spec directory?

Cheers,
-Josh

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Garrett Smith wrote:
> The Python installation instructions call for setting PYTHONPATH to the
> python directory in the qpid distribution dir. That works fine.
>
> But there's also a setup.py file, which is the standard disutils program
> for building and installing Python libraries. However, it's missing
> "mllib" in the list of packages. Adding this missing package would make
> setup.py useful for installing qpid.

Thanks for raising this! I have made that change. It does seem like this
would be an nice way to distribute the python client.