Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by sudeivas <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 06:25:54 UTC

Which RENDER_STRATEGY is best for clustered setup?

Hello,
       We are currently using Apache Wicket 1.5.6 in a clustered setup. We
have a custom built distributed session management based on memcached. Due
to infrastructure limitations, we cannot use sticky sessions. So I am
wondering whether 'ONE_PASS_RENDER' render strategy is the best solution for
my use case.

Its mentioned below that this still has double submit problem,
http://wicket.apache.org/apidocs/1.4/org/apache/wicket/settings/IRequestCycleSettings.html

Are there any other knows issues with 'ONE_PASS_RENDER' render strategy?

Also what is the use of the below API?
getRequestCycleSettings().setBufferResponse(false);

Does it make any difference to the render strategy? I guess it makes some
difference to 'REDIRECT_TO_BUFFER'.

Thanks,
Suresh

Re: Which RENDER_STRATEGY is best for clustered setup?

Posted by sudeivas <su...@gmail.com>.
Though I am using 'ONE_PASS_RENDER' strategy, I am still getting the below
warning,

WARN http-8000-2 [org.apache.wicket.request.handler.render.WebPageRenderer]
- Falling back to Redirect_To_Buffer render strategy because none of the
conditions matched.

Am I missing something? I am worried that this may cause some page
expiration issue.

Posted by sudeivas <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes it is. Thanks

Re: Which RENDER_STRATEGY is best for clustered setup?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
No, this is not related.

I just improved its javadoc:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/repo?p=wicket.git;a=commitdiff;h=43878fc8c470044923f3b599953a1c4ff2aef63b

Is it cleaner now ?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 2:15 PM, sudeivas <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Martin for the response. Could you please answer the below question as
> well?
>
> What is the use of the below API?
> getRequestCycleSettings().setBufferResponse(false);
>
> Does it make any difference to the render strategy? I guess it makes some
> difference to 'REDIRECT_TO_BUFFER'.
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Which RENDER_STRATEGY is best for clustered setup?

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

If you cannot use sticky sessions then you should not use
REDIRECT_TO_BUFFER because the pre-rendered response is saved/buffered
in the WebApplication on the current node and there is a (big) chance
that the next request wont be processed by the same node.

You can use either ONE_PASS_RENDER or REDIRECT_TO_RENDER.
I'm not aware of any issues with them.