Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Feilen <fe...@phoenixedge.com> on 2010/12/02 12:51:47 UTC

Having problems using SVNParentPath and AuthzSVNAccessFile while on

Hey users. ☺
I am setting up a server (svn.example.com) to host multiple projects.
I have attempted to add the AuthSVNAccessFile directive, but this has broken the SVNParentPath (collection
of repos) page.  I am able to work around it using <Location /repos/>, but this breaks our current
environment (devs already use https://svn.example.com/...), and it would be a hassle to move everyone to
https://svn.example.com/repos/...
Is this a known issue, or can anyone suggest a work around?

I have had it up and running for a while now, using this config:

  <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
    ServerName svn.example.com
     <Location />
      DAV svn
      SVNListParentPath on
      SVNParentPath /srv/svn

      AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
      AuthMySQLEnable On
      AuthName "SVN Auth"
      AuthType Basic
      AuthMySQLHost localhost
      AuthMySQLDB auth
      AuthMySQLUserTable users
      AuthMySQLGroupTable groups
      AuthMySQLUser apache_auth
      AuthMySQLPassword ********
      AuthMySQLNameField user_name
      AuthMySQLPasswordField user_passwd
      AuthMySQLGroupField user_group
      AuthMySQLNoPasswd Off
      AuthMySQLPwEncryption crypt
      require group svn
    </Location>
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/svn/access.log combined
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/svn/error.log
    SSLEngine on
    SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/server.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/server.key
  </VirtualHost>

I am able to browse to https://svn.example.com and see the repo list just fine.

This is the config with the AuthzSVNAccessFile added...
  [...]
   SVNParentPath /srv/svn
   AuthzSVNAccessFile /srv/access
   AuthBasicAuthoritative Off
  [...]

/svn/access contains:

[root@apollo conf]# cat /srv/access
[groups]
admin = cfeilen
g1 = cfeilen, user1, user2 , user3...8
g2 = cfeilen, user10, user11, user12...24

# Default access rule for ALL repositories
# Everyone can read, admins can write
[/]
@admin = rw
* = r