Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Priyank Kapadia <pr...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/07 23:59:49 UTC

Fwd: [Hadoop] AvroRecord cannot be resolved

Hi all,
I am new hadoop. I was trying to load all the project in eclipse. After
building hadoop sucessfully using maven3 , I tried to import the Hadoop
into eclipse Luna. But to my surprise even after building the project,
eclipse gives me a lot compilation errors in which the first few is "Avro
Record cannot be resolved." . Does anyone have an idea how to solve this
problem so i build and run the whole project in eclipse successfully ?

Thank You.

Priyank Kapadia

Re: [Hadoop] AvroRecord cannot be resolved

Posted by Vinayakumar B <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I believe you have generated the eclipse project files using the
eclipse:eclipse goal.

This generates the project files for hadoop-common project without the
genarated test sources added as source folder.

I really dont know why this happens.

But, You can resolve it by Just adding,
*hadoop-common-project\hadoop-common\target\generated-test-sources\java
*directory as source directory for the project *hadoop-common *in eclipse.

-Vinay