Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 03:00:23 UTC

[classlib]Harmony passes 73% on Derby.

Hi, all:
     I have ran the tests of Derby on Harmony, both on windows xp and
ubuntu. The result is similar.

   On windows,
        579 Tests Run
        73% Pass (428 tests passed)
        27% Fail (151 tests failed)
        9 Suites skipped
   On linux,
        579 Tests Run
        74% Pass (430 tests passed)
       26% Fail (149 tests failed)
       9 Suites skipped

     The result seems a little frustrating since Sian had 82% passed several
months before. The version of derby I ran is at revision 464429. The lost
passing rate may be due to the modified code and added testcases.

     To Sian: I made a new patch in the attachment which is an updated
version of the patch Sian provides. I will be appreciate if Sian helps to
check its validity and thus I will be assured that the lost passing rate is
irrelevant to our modification.

     When I can confirm everything is all right, I will then put the ongoing
progress result on Harmony's wiki page.

     Thank you.

--
Leo Li
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: [classlib]Harmony passes 73% on Derby.

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
Oh, sorry. I read this thread, it mentions the harmonyvm, the stability
degradation in the last months so the first thought was about DRLVM and
recent BBC affect :)

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leo Li <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all:
     One thing to correct:
     Occasionally,  I found that the decreased rate of pass is mainly due to
the wrongly stastics that derby team uses in tests.
     The number of failed tests are calculated by the lines of a fail file,
whereas several failed tests with error message uses two lines !!!
     After some tedious manual work, the passing rate is actually about 80%,
with 110 fails and 428 passses.:)

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Leo,