Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/19 15:16:01 UTC

Problems with deploying file into archiva

Hello!
I just checked out and built latest version of archiva and tried to use.
First I tried to make it working under Tomcat.... in general it started to
work - but...
Finally I decied to switch to archiva-plexus-runtime  -about tomcat problems
I will write a little bit later.

So, under as plexus runtime it started to work much better - I created
repository xxx, I created user and assigned roles for this user:
Repository Manager - xxx
Repository Observer - xxx

I can open my http://my.server.com:8091/archiva/repository/xxx/ quite well
as this user and browse it. But, then I'm trying to deploy file into
repository with using:
mvn deploy:deploy-file -DrepositoryId=xxxMavenRepo -Durl=
http://my.server.com:8091/archiva/repository/xxx/ -DgroupId= .....

I've got error 409.

In the archiva logs I found followed:

Feb 19, 2007 4:42:06 PM org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Context log
INFO: RepositoryServlet: Authorization Denied
[ip=192.168.2.118,isWriteRequest=true,permission=archiva-upload-repository]
: no matching permissions
-->>> request ----------------------------------------------------------
--> http://my.server.com:8091/repository
PUT /archiva/repository/xxx/jspwiki/java2html/2.4.6/java2html-2.4.6.jar HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic YWtha3VuaW46ZW1mMHJnZQ==

It seems like user I'm using for uploading has no right for upload (I
specified user name and password in maven2 settings.xml).

I'm using Linux as server and WinXP as client. Seems I missed something in
configuration - could anybody point me?

--
With Best Regards,
Alexey Kakunin, EmDev Limited

Professional Software Development:
http://www.emdev.ru

Re: Problems with deploying file into archiva

Posted by Mykel Alvis <my...@weirdness.com>.
This will work as long as you're not using maven 2.0.6.
There's an issue in place concerning it.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2934
In so far as I can tell, maven 2.0.6 obsoletes the solution mentioned on the
wiki.
My current workaround is having 2 instances of maven (2.0.5 and 2.0.6) and
having a shell with an environment pointing to 2.0.5 to do my dav deploys.
YMMV.

--
I'm just an unfrozen caveman software developer.  I don't understand your
strange, "modern" ways.

Re: Problems with deploying file into archiva

Posted by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
Several things to do.