Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Norman Barker <nb...@rsinc.com> on 2006/03/03 09:53:31 UTC

MTOM bug

Hi,

I posted this to the users group, and have waited a couple of days before posting here.

It seems that when using the ImageTransfer MTOM sample if the file is large (larger than 10mb) then
the service loses bytes when reading the data

DataHandler actualDH;
        actualDH = (DataHandler)binaryNode.getDataHandler();
InputStream is = actualDH.getDataSource()
                .getInputStream();

then reading the available bytes from the input stream.

Even sending the large file in 1mb chunks using MTOM and ByteArrayDataSource then the server will drop
a few bytes on the 10/11 th chunk.

Small files (< 10mb) go up the the server just fine.

I have noticed this behaviour in both the 0.94 and 0.95 (nightly) versions of Axis2.  I am running Java 1.5.0_06

If this is something I can fix please let me know.

Many thanks,

Norman

RE: MTOM bug

Posted by Norman Barker <nb...@rsinc.com>.
Hi,

thanks for the help so far.  This happens with both file caching on and off.  I will post a file on our server and the example code to form a test case that demonstrates this, this will be at the beginning of next week.

The implementation of MTOM is really good though for reasonable files, really fast.

Sorry I can't do the test case earlier, I have to leave our external server as is this week.

Many thanks,

Norman

In your earlier post to the user list you have mentioned that this happens
when file caching is switched on.  Is it the case or is this happen even
without file caching....

~Thilina

--
"May the SourcE be with u"
http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/

Re: MTOM bug

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

[axis2] Re: MTOM bug

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Is it possible to post a test case? (Maybe put the data somewhere and
give a URL to it.)

Sanjiva.