Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by bmeyer2 <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 19:10:58 UTC

Issues with use of deployed WAR

In SMX 4.3, I'm trying to deploy a WAR file that contains static HTML & SWF
files.  The MANIFEST consists of the following:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path:
Webapp-Context: [APPNAME]
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: [APPNAME]
Bundle-SymbolicName: [APPNAME]
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-ClassPath: .,WEB-INF/classes
Bundle-Activator: [PACKAGE].Activator
Bundle-Vendor: btu
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: J2SE-1.5
Import-Package: org.osgi.framework;version="1.3.0"

All HTML/SWF files are in WebContent.

I've created org.ops4j.pax.web.cfg in SMX_HOME/etc, using port 9093.

I've deployed the WAR in 3 ways:
1.) Dropped in SMX_HOME/deploy
2.) osgi:install war:file:///C:/[APPNAME].war
3.) osgi:install war:file:///C:/[APPNAME].war?Webapp-Context=[APPNAME]

All 3 methods successfully deploy the bundle -- it's activated with no
issues.

The HTML file should then be reached at
http://localhost:9093/[APPNAME]/index.html, but I get a Jetty page with
Error 404 NOT_FOUND.  So, at least Jetty is working, but something's up with
the jar.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Re: Issues with use of deployed WAR

Posted by bmeyer2 <br...@gmail.com>.
Achim,

Thanks much for the suggestion.

I ran the following in ServiceMix:

install -s webbundle:file:///C:/[APP_NAME].war

webbundle successfully installs and starts the war.  However, the result is
the same -- the URL gives a Jetty error.

Does my MANIFEST look correct?  Any other ideas?

Re: Issues with use of deployed WAR

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

webbundle does not work with Karaf-3.0-SNAPSHOT and Pax Web 2.0-SNAPSHOT

install -s webbundle:mvn:test/test/1.0/war
java.lang.NullPointerException

No message appears in the log !!

Regards,

Charles Moulliard