Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/01/07 21:12:44 UTC

Another API breaking change

Found another API breaking change that needs to be fixed.  This one made
by Russell Butek and involves org.apache.axis.description.ParameterDesc .

An Axis 1.0 constructor was changed in version 1.22.6.2.  The appropriate
way to make this change would have been to depreciate the existing
constructor and to create a new one.  Russell, can you please go back and
make the appropriate fixes?

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Re: Another API breaking change

Posted by Jess Sightler <js...@eximtechnologies.com>.
Agreed... from the dictionary's point of view, I can't say that it
matters one way or another.

>>From javadoc's, AFAIK, it still needs to be "deprecate".

Thanks,
Jess

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 15:59, Scott Nichol wrote:
> Maybe instead of writing "make sure that you deprecate the method", we
> should write "make sure that you @deprecate the method", and avoid
> thesaurus.com altogether ;-)
>
> Scott Nichol

=======================================
Jess Sightler
Senior Developer
Exim Technologies
131 Falls Street
Greenville SC 29601
Phone: 864-679-4651
=======================================

Re: Another API breaking change

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
Where's the fun in that!? ;-)

- James Snell
     IBM Emerging Technologies
     jasnell@us.ibm.com
     (559) 587-1233 (office)
     (700) 544-9035 (t/l)
     Programming Web Services With SOAP
         O'Reilly & Associates, ISBN 0596000952

     Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
     Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your
     God will be with you whereever you go.    - Joshua 1:9

Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>
01/07/2003 12:59 PM
Please respond to axis-dev

axis-dev@xml.apache.org