Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Joe Love <jo...@lac.uic.edu> on 2005/04/21 22:06:25 UTC

issues establishing a persistent connection

Is there a procedure for getting axis to establish persistent
connections, so that calls to methods in a service will use the same
connection, rather than establishing their own connection?

Right now, I can have code along the lines of the following:

AxisService as;
as.setvalue(5);
int val = as.getvalue();

Every call establishes a new connection to the server; opens up a new
port on the client side, creates a new tcp connection to the server,
etc).  This is problematic, because I can't retrieve data I may have set
already.  In the above example, if getvalue() returns the value stored
by setvalue(), I cannot retrieve the value set.

There was a previous email about persistent connections which suggested
that they were the default behavior, however, my testing is not showing
that axis is behaving this way.

I'm not sure what information would be useful in trying to understand
what is happening here, but I can provide any information that may be of
interest.

Thanks,
-Joe