Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/17 23:01:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release CasEditor-2.2.2-01 as CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating

Hello,

the Cas Editor is now finally ready for release.

- I finished the testing according to the CasEditor-2.2.2 test plan
http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplancaseditor222.html

- All issues for release 2.2.2CE are fixed

The release artifacts are available on people.apache.org at
/home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.2/01

So please cast your vote:
[  ] +1  release candidate CasEditor-2.2.2-01 is ready and can be
released
[  ]  0  don't care
[  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues

Jörn

[VOTE][CANCELLED] Release CasEditor-2.2.2-01 as CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 26, 2008, at 2:54 PM, Michael Baessler wrote:

> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the Cas Editor is now finally ready for release.
>>
>> - I finished the testing according to the CasEditor-2.2.2 test plan
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplancaseditor222.html
>>
>> - All issues for release 2.2.2CE are fixed
>>
>> The release artifacts are available on people.apache.org at
>> /home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.2/01
>>
>> So please cast your vote:
>> [  ] +1  release candidate CasEditor-2.2.2-01 is ready and can be
>> released
>> [  ]  0  don't care
>> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues

Cancelling the vote, because Thilo found two issues which have to be
fixed.

Jörn

Re: [VOTE] Release CasEditor-2.2.2-01 as CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the Cas Editor is now finally ready for release.
>
> - I finished the testing according to the CasEditor-2.2.2 test plan
> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplancaseditor222.html
>
> - All issues for release 2.2.2CE are fixed
>
> The release artifacts are available on people.apache.org at
> /home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.2/01
>
> So please cast your vote:
> [  ] +1  release candidate CasEditor-2.2.2-01 is ready and can be released
> [  ]  0  don't care
> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues
>
> Jörn

please cancel this vote, so that the status is clear.

-- Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release CasEditor-2.2.2-01 as CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the Cas Editor is now finally ready for release.
>>
>> - I finished the testing according to the CasEditor-2.2.2 test plan
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplancaseditor222.html
>>
>> - All issues for release 2.2.2CE are fixed
>>
>> The release artifacts are available on people.apache.org at
>> /home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.2/01
>>
>> So please cast your vote:
>> [  ] +1  release candidate CasEditor-2.2.2-01 is ready and can be released
>> [  ]  0  don't care
>> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues
>>
>> Jörn
>
> It seems that you are using the wrong format for the MD5 and SHA1 checksum files.
> We learned that during one of the last UIMA release votes on Incubator.
> For details, please check: http://markmail.org/message/kckx6sltq3jg2k3j
>
> How did you generate the checksum files?
>
> We use a script that is available here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimaj/trunk/uimaj-distr/src/main/build/signRelease.sh
>
> -- Michael
Sorry, just realized that the files are OK and just the publishing of the checksum in my application
was not correct...

Sorry for that. Checksums are OK.

-- Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release CasEditor-2.2.2-01 as CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
>> the Cas Editor is now finally ready for release.
>>
>> - I finished the testing according to the CasEditor-2.2.2 test plan
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplancaseditor222.html
>>
>> - All issues for release 2.2.2CE are fixed
>>
>> The release artifacts are available on people.apache.org at
>> /home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.2/01
>>
>> So please cast your vote:
>> [  ] +1  release candidate CasEditor-2.2.2-01 is ready and can be
>> released
>> [  ]  0  don't care
>> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues

+1

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> I think you should also provide a RAT report for your release
>> artifacts. This helps on the Incubator
>> to get it approved faster. For details about how to generate and
>> comment it, please refer to
>> http://incubator.apache.org/uima/release.html#Auditing%20The%20Release%20And%20Create%20A%20RAT%20report
>>

> Now the rat reports for linux, windows and the src build is also uploaded.
> I put in comments for the files which do not contain an AL.
>
> Can you please review Michael ?
>
> Thanks,
> Jörn

Looks good to me.

Just one comment to /home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.2/.
I would remove the older directories with a higher build number :-) I think it is a little bit
confusing.

-- Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release CasEditor-2.2.2-01 as CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the Cas Editor is now finally ready for release.
>
> - I finished the testing according to the CasEditor-2.2.2 test plan
> http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/testplancaseditor222.html
>
> - All issues for release 2.2.2CE are fixed
>
> The release artifacts are available on people.apache.org at
> /home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.2/01
>
> So please cast your vote:
> [  ] +1  release candidate CasEditor-2.2.2-01 is ready and can be released
> [  ]  0  don't care
> [  ] -1  don't release yet, I found some more issues
>
> Jörn

+1

I verified:
 - checksums
 - signing
 - source package build
 - mandatory release artifacts files (LICENSE, NOTICE...)
 - ReleaseNotes
 - quick binary package install verification on Windows

[DISCUSS][VOTE] Release CasEditor-2.2.2-01 as CasEditor-2.2.2-incubating

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Forgot to mention: if we do want to distribute the
junit code, we need similar verbiage as for eclipse,
and the CPL in the LICENSE file.

--Thilo

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I will create a 02 release candidate.
Thanks for your review Thilo.

Jörn

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.