Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Joylene Nettleton <jo...@peregrine.com> on 2001/12/07 23:20:44 UTC

Copy command between Ant 1.3 and 1.4

Under my "${src.lib.dir} there are some lib files and a ext sub-directory
with some file, e.g.
   {src.lib.dir}/*.jar
   {src.lib.dir}/ext/*.jar

When I use Ant 1.3 version with the following commands, only
{src.lib.dir}/*.jar are copied to ${dest.lib.dir}.  When I use Ant 1.4
everything under {src.lib.dir} are copied over including files under ext.  I
wonder if this is a bug in Ant 1.4 since I could not find any reference in
docs.

  <!-- Copy Lib files -->
  <target name="copy-lib-files" if="lib.present">
    <copy todir="${dest.lib.dir}">
      <fileset dir="${src.lib.dir}">
        <exclude name="ext"/>
      </fileset>
    </copy>
  </target>

Re: Copy command between Ant 1.3 and 1.4

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Joylene Nettleton
<jo...@peregrine.com> wrote:

> I wonder if this is a bug in Ant 1.4 since I could not find any
> reference in docs.

The opposite.  <exclude name="ext" /> means, exclude the directory
itself.  There has been a bug in Ant 1.3 (and 1.2) that made Ant
exclude everything below that directory as well, something that
<exclude name="ext/**" /> is supposed to do.

Stefan

Re: Copy command between Ant 1.3 and 1.4

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
I haven't looked at the differences between the two versions, but a sure fix
is to use <exclude name="ext/**"/>

I think even "ext/" (trailing slash) will do the trick.

    Erik