Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "BRIGGS, DAVID W." <DW...@energy-northwest.com> on 2001/09/24 21:55:23 UTC

Tomcat/Apache config

We're running on RS/6000 server, AIX 4.3.3, Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.12,
Tomcat 3.2.3.  We get almost all of the way through the installations, but
we're unable to build the mod_jserv.so module.
We get the following error when we try to build it:

ld: 0711-244 ERROR: No csects or exported symbols have been saved.
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=524288

The mod_jserv.so gets built (well, somthing gets built!).  I copied it to
$APACHE_HOME/libexec.  Yet, when I try to startup Apache with that module in
the tomcat-apache.conf file, it won't start.  I get:

Can't locate API module structure `jserv_module' in file
/usr/local/apache_1.3.12/libexec/mod_jserv.so: Function not implemented (js
erv_module)
apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any ideas?  Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.