Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by la...@opensource.lk on 2004/07/29 14:16:21 UTC

Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Hi All,

  It seems that the installation process of Axis C++ is difficult.To
create more simpler installation process it is good idea to use an open
source installer. If any one knows about this kind of installer please
inform.
The installer should have following features.

It should be capable of creating new folders.
It should be able to create and populate enviorenment variables.
It should be able to check weather the required libraries are installed
etc.

Lahiru Wimalasiri

Re: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
Hi,

 I think we need such a open source installer for Axis C++ windows

thanks
damitha

Posted by Edgar Zavala <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

     I'll put this script under the Apache License =)

     Regards,
     Edgar Zavala.

--
J. Edgar Zavala S. ak'a Kerberos
eMail: jezavala@gmail.com

Re: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
>    I used an opensource install program called "inno setup", i will
> put the Script source as GPL so anybody can use the install script to
> make an updated version once it is finished for Axis-C 1.2 version.

Why GPL? Why not Apache License?

Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

RE: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Edgar,

Great work ..!,

We appreciate your contribution when you have finished this installer.

Thanks,

Susantha Kumara
Lanka Software Foundation

Posted by Edgar Zavala <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

   In that case this can be usefull :)

      http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

> Installer is probably needed only for Windows. Unix systems has their own
> native package formats and installers. It will be very easy to create native
> packages for different Unixes once build system is completely converted to
> standard autoconf/automake build system.

     What do you think?

     Regards,
     Edgar Zavala.

Posted by Alexei Dets <ad...@idsk.com>.
Hi!
On Friday 30 July 2004 12:11, Edgar Zavala wrote:
>     If i found more easy and multiplatform installers i let you know.

Installer is probably needed only for Windows. Unix systems has their own
native package formats and installers. It will be very easy to create native
packages for different Unixes once build system is completely converted to
standard autoconf/automake build system.

	Alexei

Re: Opensource Installer for for Axis C++

Posted by Edgar Zavala <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

   After searching on my bookmarks i found the follow installer
http://vainstall.sourceforge.net/ wich fits the needed features (but
uses java), and also this other but it don't see any information about
it features http://installbase.sourceforge.net/main.shtml.