Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Vijay K Pandey <VP...@mdes.ms.gov> on 2009/08/15 00:36:16 UTC

Drrols 5 Expert --> Sequential vs Inference

Hi,

We have around 3500 business rules and rules are mainly look up value based or based on the associated data in the RDBMS.

There are around 90% processes where we only need sequential rules check, the other 10% of processes requires the inference capability.

My questions:

a)    Which is the best way to go for this - should we set up all the rules as inference through stateful session or segregate 90% as sequential and others as inference. Will this segregation going to give better performance in Drools 5 and later?

b)    Lots of our LHS depends on the data from RDBMS - we insert 1 fact - then make use of "from/collect" to get hold of various associated data ---then do some checks on the data fetched from RDBMS -- so is it better to program them in java directly or as sequential rules?

Any guidance will be helpful?

Thanks

Vijay