Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by "Scherler, Thorsten" <th...@apache.org> on 2004/09/11 11:56:01 UTC

Website update

Hello devs,

I fixed 2 bugs in pelt trunk:
1) search box does not parse serachsite parameter
2) chapter_open images are now working

How can I update our website?

King regards
thorsten

Re: Website update

Posted by thorsten <th...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the howto. :)

King regards
thorsten

Re: Website update

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
thorsten wrote:

> Another question:
> Do I have to activate the cron script once or is it enough that i cp the
> script to ~my/bin and changed it to lenya enviroment?

One person at the Lenya project need to install the cronjob.
ssh cvs.apache.org
crontab -e
... enter the job specifications, save from the editor.

crontab -l > mycrontab
... so that other people can see what cronjobs you have.
This is just a listing.

--
David Crossley

Re: Website update

Posted by thorsten <th...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> thorsten wrote:
>
>>Just add
>>chmod 777 /tmp/forrest-site-update.log
>>
>>to your script.
>

> Done. Thanks. However i did 'chmod 666'
> no need to be executable.

True :)

Re: Website update

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Website update

Posted by thorsten <th...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> If you want to do it manually then ...
> ssh www.apache.org
> cd ~crossley/bin
> ./forrest-update.sh
>
 > ./forrest-update.sh
./forrest-update.sh: cannot create /tmp/forrest-site-update.log:
permission denied

Just add
chmod 777 /tmp/forrest-site-update.log

to your script.