Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2017/11/03 14:35:52 UTC

Tika 1.17?

All,

PDFBox 2.0.8 is now integrated.  I want to fix TIKA-2490 before we release 1.17.  Are there other issues that are blockers or you'd like to fix before 1.17 (TIKA-2471, maybe?)?

I plan to run initial large scale regression tests shortly for rfc822 and mbox because of TIKA-2478.  I'll run the full regression tests before cutting the RC, but I want to focus on those for now.  Other requests?

Cheers,

            Tim

RE: Tika 1.17?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Y.  You're right.  Thank you!

 I think I've been avoiding that because there were some regressions in metadata-extractor last I looked at this.  Let's hope those are gone in 2.10.1.

Posted by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com>.
Yes, Tim, I saw all these reporting artifacs, I agree they are good things.

RE: Tika 1.17?

Oh sorry, I thought I have sent to dev list, forwarding...

Luis

Agreed.  Thank you!  Do you mind sharing this with the list?

I've had a briefly look at exceptions folder, seems we are much better with ppt (4677 fixed exceptions) and pdf (7798), but there are 208 new exceptions with ppt. I did not check the files to see if they are corrupted, but some common tokens were lost. Below the most common new
stacktrace:

org.apache.poi.hslf.exceptions.HSLFException: Couldn't instantiate the class for type with id 1000 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Document :
Cause was : org.apache.poi.hslf.exceptions.HSLFException: Couldn't instantiate the class for type with id 1010 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Environment :
Cause was : org.apache.poi.hslf.exceptions.HSLFException: Couldn't instantiate the class for type with id 2005 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.FontCollection :
[...]
org.apache.tika.batch.FileResourceConsumer.call(FileResourceConsumer.java:50)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor283.newInstance(Unknown Source) at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.createRecordForType(Record.java:182)
... 25 more
Caused by: org.apache.poi.hslf.exceptions.HSLFException: Couldn't instantiate the class for type with id 1010 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Environment :
Cause was : org.apache.poi.hslf.exceptions.HSLFException: Couldn't instantiate the class for type with id 2005 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.FontCollection :
Cause was : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: typeface can't be null nor empty at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.createRecordForType(Record.java:186)
at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.findChildRecords(Record.java:129)
at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Document.<init>(Document.java:133)
... 29 more
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor285.newInstance(Unknown Source) at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.createRecordForType(Record.java:182)
... 31 more
Caused by: org.apache.poi.hslf.exceptions.HSLFException: Couldn't instantiate the class for type with id 2005 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.FontCollection :

Fwd: Tika 1.17?

Posted by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com>.

RE: Tika 1.17?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Re: Tika 1.17?

Posted by Luís Filipe Nassif <lf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

RE: Tika 1.17?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Reports are here:

RE: Tika 1.17?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
I kicked off the regression tests towards the end of last week.  I'm getting permanent churns while executing some of the sql on this size data.  I think we've maxed out H2 for our dataset...or I'm doing something inelegant/ill advised w H2.

I've trimmed out the reports that were causing infinite(ish) hangs, and I'm now getting most of the reports that we care about.

I should have the reports ready by this evening/tomorrow.

RE: Tika 1.17?

Re: Tika 1.17?

RE: Tika 1.17?

RE: Tika 1.17?